Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: Rita could mean $5.00 gas

  1. #11
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rita could mean $5.00 gas

    Yep , no potholes in SWVA or here in NC (and orange barrels are the state tree here) . The US public schools for the most part are sadly lagging behind most economically developed countries . More taxes means I have less to spend on my family , period.
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  2. #12
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rita could mean $5.00 gas

    no roads will be perfect but the roads in VA are MUCH better than those without the taxes in other states like tennessee
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member imported_OleTob's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    681
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rita could mean $5.00 gas

    You mean a replublican and a democrat help people out...That has to be the joke of the year right there.
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself.

    I belong to God Now.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rita could mean $5.00 gas

    it's pretty sad but it doesnt happen
    some just dont even go with what they believe in anymore...it's simply what the party line is
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rita could mean $5.00 gas

    I can't speak of Tennessee roads , but as a rule , government mismanages everything it gets control over.

    Two quotes by former President Reagan

    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"

    "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  6. #16
    Inactive Member imported_OleTob's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    681
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rita could mean $5.00 gas

    Exactly give the money to the government and see what happens to it...It won't help the people it supposed to and when it goes to help what few it does via Social Security and WIC and other most of those people are abusing it and don't need it but have good doctors who have helped them out in some way or the other...Also these people driving these Escalades and SUV drawing food stamps should stop as well...The government as SunTzu said mismanages everything they get their hands on except when it's something they or someone in their party wants...Such as Pay raises.
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself.

    I belong to God Now.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member logo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2005
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rita could mean $5.00 gas

    Good post Ole Tob! I agree 100%. I would just like to know how these people get by with this? I got behind someone the other day while driving my car. He was in a new model Chevy pickup, 4wd, with a brand new four wheeler in the back. He made a right turn in his driveway up to the house in which the "government" built for him. This person is an ex-felon that spent time in the pin for drugs and stolen guns---fact. I have a college degree and consider myself an abiding citizen and I don't have the luxuries these people have, I am currently unemployed due to a massive layoff and can't get crap. Only a measly check once a week, which couldn't buy the tires off that 4 wheeler. I'm trying like hell to get a good paying and respectable job and these people are sitting around on their lazy asses for free. Oh, I didn't mention that the "government" also re-done their septic system. Well, i've lived in my place for five years now and still ain't got a nice porch, but I'll be damned if i'll take any help from anyone (assistance)-- atleast I still got my pride. I'm still paying my health insurance out of pocket and feeding my dogs everyday. I'm just tired of seeing these sorry assess get by for free. Just ride by the "local" apartments during the middle of the day and you will find many "fit and able" people that can work and pay taxes like the rest. The government takes care of way too many people that are just plain sorry. I know there are a few that need assistance and should get it but this sould get monitered more closely. I just hate to see tax-payers money go to these people.

  8. #18
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rita could mean $5.00 gas

    Greencrest, I don't like to give to donate to the cause, but shoot, almost every county around has a sticker, we didn't, so do we somehow deserve to get our cake but not have to pay for it? Less money coming into counties from the state, so the counties have to make up the money somehow. so I have little problem with us paying a bit to equal things out if it helps, key word there is "if". Nobody likes paying for a decal, but I guess money has to be made up somewhere and shoot, to get a decal, people have to have paid their taxes and such, so maybe paying a small amount helps get a larger amount paid in the end.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rita could mean $5.00 gas

    The larger amount goes to DCWIN which in turn is going to bankrupt Dickenson County. The stickers will bring in a little over $125,000 and DCWIN has cost us over $2,000,000 and take in hardly nothing. Throwing away money in an never endind HOLE!

  10. #20
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rita could mean $5.00 gas

    Well I won't argue the DCWin debacle. That was a stupid idea, and the money that should be used on getting a rocking 911 system was used for that, IMO. The idea of providing internet was good, but the logistics were bad and to intermixed. I know they was trying to sell it but in case nobody has noticed, your internet is mostly provided through tele-communication companies, because they can do it cheaper.

    Idea was nice, logistics were bad, and it was one of those cases where they showed everybody a eutopia of high speed access, but with our terrain, its not cost beneficial.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •